Reflections still look the same to me

So. I ended up buying the new Florence&the Machine -record Ceremonials without ever truly having heard anything about her. I mean it's an artist everyone seems to talk about and everyone seems to love to pieces, but I never really got around listening to her because I was too busy with my own stuff music to check it out. Well, looks like I missed out on something because, frankly - this woman is amazing. I can't even begin to describe how obsessed I am with No Light, no light
... and the rest of the record will surely bring out some more favourites. Like Never let me go. Or Breaking Down Or the gospel-ish Lover to lover, or Heartlines, or All this and Heaven too. Notice something? There's only 12 tracks on the actual record, that's as good as half of it and I haven't even listened to the specials on CDII yet. So stoked. ^__^'
Tomorrow I'll finally get to see my 2010 great musical love, Mads Langer. It's so weird when one little song refuses to get out of your mind and then, when you decide to take a closer look, you discover a whole new world. I mean all through the last year, his music has been some sort of stronghold cementing connections and memories. Stille før Storm will always make me think of the darkest -and yet lightest- November I've ever experienced and will forever put me in a Christmas mood, seeing the lights illuminate Aleksanterinkatu and the rest of the city in sombre afternoon hours.
Remains of You will always mirror my feelings towards this home, this haven, even though the song is probably about a relationship gone wrong. - And well maybe that is precisely why it will always remind me. Imagination tempts me with a smile, draws me in and leaves me running wild. No sedation to swallow with my pride. An avalanche is breaking loose and I can't hide. -- The stars are falling like rain, crashing all around my head tonight, and a dark sky is all that remains of you. I don't know, it just wraps it up completely. Every line. Realization that I must have let go, and I'm still spinning all alone.
Either way, tomorrow's the show. I still have to look up directions (even though Maike is going to drive, I guess), the outfit's decided. Nope, I'll never get over that part. XD I'm a little concered I'm just going to cry all the time, but even if I will I'm sure it's going to be worth every single tear.

Even though I went to see theBaseballs just a few weeks ago and it was totally awesome (did anyone expect anything else) I feel like I haven't been on a show ever since Uniklubi performed at VirginOil in April. Like... whoa.
I'm a little concerned because I wasn't in the best shape when seeing theBaseballs and left the hall like 2 times or something because it was so incredibly hot and crowded and I sort of panicked because of my blood-pressure, resulting in me missing a couple of songs. Well, in a 2h15min performance that's not too much of a let-down, but still. Bummer. I hope I'll be fine tomorrow, but then I'm sure the venue won't hold 2000 people... ^^ I'll just wait and see what happens - and drink enough!

I had the worst flashback on Thursday when I came from Aqualand with Christiane. The situation was so much of a parallel to our trip to Serena in Espoo that I ended up being completely disoriented and startled every time people in the train started speaking because I expected them to speak Finnish, but they didn't. I was miserable by the time I reached home, but got through it after all. I had to pay with a little lack of sleep, but then Friday payed up for that because I got to spend the afternoon with my lovely little boy all alone for the first time. I mean I babysat him before but then he was asleep! Yesterday I actually got to pick him up from daycare. He's the most adorable thing ever, all he did when I came in was walking up to me and giving me the lovliest hug, letting me pick him up and carry him. All cuddly, the little man ^_^' He even sat in the buggy without any discussion whatsoever, I was completely surprised. He let me push him all the way home, telling me all kinds of things about the surroundings as usual. It's amazing, his 2-syllable words first turned into 4-syllable ones, sometimes he's even forming really short sentences already. What really makes me laugh is when he immitates things he picks up at home, like Oh nein or Meine Güte XD It's just so funny! He also remembers things, games we played before. And he has quite the mind of his own!! Britta took us grocery-shopping when she came home, so I also got to explore escalators and elevators together with him, as well as a shoestore and just ... everything. :)

I'm still waiting for the download to finish. It's so amazing I get to see Kuorosota thanks to Kati, I'm really enjoying the show and yah, being a fangirl or not, I really think Hämeenkyrö is doing really really well. As is Jussi. Even though his clothing style is completely ridiculous and he totally needs a stylist. Maybe Gekko will do. ... :D
It's weird though, calling a truce after years. It's amazing, I'm actually happy things were worked out because all of this was completely unnecessary and useless but... still :) I never really let myself reflect on it because that's how things change and people grow up and it's a good thing, but actually it makes me think about myself and my past decisions. It's weird how some things grow less and less relevant and how easy it is to see past things... well. It's too late to walk down memory lane right now.

I'm curious whether I'll dream weird stuff again this night after the past nights had dreamy visitors of two very unlikely gentleman, one of them causing an argument between me and my love XD My dreams keep getting better. XD
Calling it a night now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment