we are shining and we'll never be afraid again...

Well. I tried to blog like a million times these past two weeks but somehow I was too caught up.
First of all, Mads Langer's concert was breathtakingly beautiful. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the acoustics where spellbinding. His whole performance was. Ever since that Sunday, I actually want to go to Denmark and see one of his shows there. Especially since I saw the pic from his concert at Koncerthuset in København... wow.

Secondly, I'm still completely hoocked on Florence+the Machine. I got pretty much stuck with the favourites that already showed up after the first few times. I never really listen to Seven Devils and Spectrum... there's something about the songs I don't get. Never let me go however is probably my most frequently played song by now. It's so absolutely flawless...

Quite a lot of stuff going on lately, last Tuesday I got to see my lovely boy again and then I went sewing last Wednesday. Mum&dad came here on Saturday and we took a walk to the pond and through the developing area and they actually love the surroundings. I had to take the stairs 3 times that day because or elevator was broken. 3 times. that's 160 steps each single time, right? The best thing about that? - No sore muscles afterwards! Ha! Actually my brother and sis-in-law wanted to come here, too, with the little man, but we postponed the meeting because we didn't really want them to come up all those stairs with him. I mean I'm sure he would have loved it, but if he takes the steps himself it's going to take an hour until he's here and he's obviously to heavy to carry all the way :D
Maike visited me on Monday and we checked out the Christmas markets, which was fun because the weather was so beautiful and we could spent the entire day outside and had plenty of chance to talk. I love this, really, we're seeing each other so much lately and it's really important to me to have this bond. It's amazing! :)

Yesterday I was at my parents' again, for sewing today. I'm almost finished with 3 Christmas presents, now I still have to do Maike's and the one for my love. I found a pattern today which is pretty awesome, so I guess I can get that done before Christmas, too. Yay me.
Similarly important, I "celebrated" my website's two year anniversary yesterday and got such a huge amount of love and appreciation that I got a little fuzzier every time I logged in to facebook. I can't even express how important this is to me. Sure, it's aiming for gold stars, but I need them so desperately after this summer&autumn and it's simply amazing to finally see that people appreciate what I'm doing.
It makes me sad, too, because it's the most important thing I have going on hobby-wise, and yet it won't get me anywhere professionally. Sigh. But no thoughts about this right now. 

My love is going to be back on Sunday and I can't WAIT. She's been complaining about her friend a lot and that's totally justified, but I'm just not going to say anything about that because I don't understand her (the friend) anyways. Doesn't matter now, what counts is that I'll get my girl back and that we have the whole advent-time together and then I'm gonna drag her straight back to Finland after Christmas, as if she hadn't been there all month xD I can't wait to have some time together again, even though it's going to be stressful as hell for he because of the BA, but I'll try to shut the hell up and be there. I can't wait to watch shows together again, or just fall asleep next to her, or be able to cuddle and kiss and hold hands as much as I want ♥ Jee.

Well well. Endless day tomorrow, guess I should go to bed. I might be meeting Christiane for Christmas markets, but I still have to go to 2x90mins of lectures, blah. Gotta get up in time tomorrow lest I'm late again.
Still counting the days till Sunday... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment