That's the gift and that's the trick in it.

"And that's the end and that's the start of it.
That's the whole and that's the part of it.
That's the high and that's the heart of it.
That's the long and that's the short of it.
That's the best and that's the test in it.
That's the doubt, the doubt,
The trust in it.
That's the sight and that's the sound of it.
That's the gift and that's the trick in it."
[Placebo - 20 years]

And what do we learn when the day is done?
- Things will never stay the same.
And broken once, they can never be the same again. I do believe in second chances, but no matter how hard you try, there will always be a knot in the bond. That's how it goes. That's how it's always been.

It's right to let go if it helps the pain.
It's right to let go if it gives you time and space to think. 
Some things need time. Maybe a year. Maybe two. - In this case: three.
Maybe because they say that all good things come in threes.
Maybe because the pieces fell together at the right time, into the right place.
Maybe because it simply was a coincidence.
Maybe it matters.
Maybe it doesn't really.

But today, I learned a lesson:
Things change, and Time heals. It still leaves wounds, but it heals. 
The world moves on and the grudges we hold, the disappointment we feel and the pain that haunts us grow smaller with the time.
People grow personally.
- They get over it - the pain, the hurt, the despair, the drama.
Maybe I do believe in friendship after all. - Just a little bit. For a start.

I never understood the hype.
I did understand the drama, but I soon had enough of it.
I never was a huge fan. 
Actually I was quite good in saying bad things, and I meant them.

And there I stand, in the middle of a crowd that's going COMPLETELY INSANE... -
And I'm literally screaming. Shaking. Cheering. Laughing. Almost crying at the same time. In complete shock ... and simply cannot believe what's going on.
Me. Out of all people. Not that not everyone else acted the same way. But me. Out of all people.
In my whole life that I spent going to shows...
I have never been as happy to see six people together on a stage as I was today.
If only for two minutes.
If only for a gesture.
If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment