Drain the pressure from the swelling... (24.02.11)

(Post from 24.02.2011)

My one 'skill' to find sleep doesn't work tonight and the scenarios I usually make up to help clear my thoughts are taking up too much space in my mind and make it impossible for me to relax. I don't even know why. It's been quite a long time since I've felt so sleepless, so I guess it's just this - the sort of insomnia that always creeps up to me when I expect it the least.
There'd be quite a lot of things to say and considering the late hour it'd probably even be possible (i've always talked the best at night), but this would also require to think about things in great detail and I don't feel up to that tonight. My mind, though alert, is tired of thinking, or, well, I am.

So there's need for a substitute-subject.
Well, for example I've been to the cinema on monday, together with Kristina. We watched Hella W, the film about, well, Hella Wuolijoki, which was really really interesting but also incredibly demanding when it comes to language skills. At firt it just creates a huge chaos in the head because of the way the mind works - listening to Finnish, "check-reading" Swedish and processing all of that in German and English. Multi-tasking on advanced level. So ... I understood the dialogues, but no details, which means I understood the single scenes, but couldn't put them together to an actual story, even though it was told chronologically and the storytelling seemed to make sense - at least on screen. Speaking of, I think that the film is absolutely great when it comes to its cinematography. As associatively as the story seems to be told, there really is a dept to the scenes and the pictures and impressions make up a good deal of storytelling already. The music was absolutely amazing and fit perfectly. I also loved the little hints at all the films we talked about in class - Niskavuori and all those things. It was nice to see such old footage in such a modern film. (and i'm glad i didn't live in the 30s when film was still theater put on screen and felt hopelessly naive and overacted)
So, yah, great film, great challenge, would love to see it again to check whether it makes more sense.
The next challenge is going to be Jadesoturi for the third time. I'm curious what's that going to be like. Weirdest film ever and yet I keep on wanting to watch it every now and then.

Of course I also watched Glee today. The ep made me want to have a little party on Friday, but then again I'll be wise not to have any. Friday. Huh. I'm so euphoric about the show, in a way that sometimes it makes me wonder. I mean, damn, it's a freaking show, but I seriously look forward to it.

I love how this blog is turning into uni, lyrics, videos and tv-shows only, haha.
[...]

No comments:

Post a Comment