Wisdom hides in mistakes

Let's try a non-musical entry for once. - Not saying I'm not going to talk about music. ... Cause first of all, I went to see Matthau Mikojan at Semifinal yesterday and it was a great evening and a good show even though there only were some 20 people present. The guys seemed to have fun nevertheless and played a good set. As always fun to watch them. The songs are pretty good too, I even bought the record after I still didn't get the last one as a CD. Listening to it right now. I like how it sounds a little different from the previous stuff (espeically lyrically), but that there's still the same feeling to it, the same style. Really good :)
Met Alisa at the show, so good to talk to her again. The last shows we met at basically just had us saying hello but now that we finally had some time & space to talk it was really nice. Kinda brought back the memories of some previous vacations, nights spent at Rooster and so on. We talked about virtually everything - student life, Tampere, Finland, music, Uniklubi, the website (I feel so read when I talk to her when it comes to that) ... some other things.
Guess I can say I'm lucky to have dared stepping out of that downward spiral, to have burned some ramshackle bridges. Like I wrote in a mail earlier this week, being here opened my eyes to so many things concerning ... well, anything, really, And even though it took some time to sink in and still isn't absolutely settled, I slowly feel like I can breathe again without feeling disrupted. It was a very long process, starting ... wow, two and a half years ago already, I suppose, and by now I really feel like there's a chance to recover. I've taken the necessary steps ... maybe time will tell.

Well. It's incredibly stormy outside, it's almost a little scary. This morning we had a little snow storm, only that at the same time you could still see the sun shining. Very weird. It started snowing again and again all morning, but now it's mostly been sunny. And cold. And stormy. Kylmä ja tuulinen at its best.
Anne booked her flights for Easter and we decided yesterday that we're going to Salo on Saturday. Yay. Marika asked me about it last week and said it was in travelling distance - turns out it is, so #20 will be Salo, not HKI, and together with Anne again. As much as I loved going to the shows with the girls, I've missed seeing them with her, so I'm extra happy now.
Oh, speaking of. Show last Friday was ... interesting. :D I mean, it's always a little harder when the audience doesn't really play along and I've definitely seen better crowds, but it was a great show and I had lots of fun. Good to see the gentlemen in such a good mood and so self-ironic. Setlist was a little shorter than usual but then they didn't have the stage for themselves (which is too bad) - still missing the "big" songs, but when have I ever NOT missed anything on the setlist? - Right. :)

Uni's going fine, even though I'm a bit of a lazy ass these days. Well. I'll survive :D Lots of work ahead on the weekend, let's see how I can keep up with it.
I also started reading Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project last week and I really have to say that I like it a lot. I've found some really good ideas, even though I don't think I could work with the underlying system. It is, nevertheless, a very motivating book and definitely worth a thought or two. Really cool.
Aaand I think that's about it.
I think now I've finally found my motivation to do some translating and until I'm finish I guess the day is sort of over :D  Anne is seeing friends tonight so I'll be a little bored the later it gets and we don't get to skype, but I'll figure something out. :)

Off to work. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment