Fact fiction.

Beautiful Helsinki is drowning in snow, there's not a spot of street or grass or anything visible and the world is white. The wind makes snowdrifts and the "little" snow they plough piles up in snowhills 3m high. I think Töölöönlahti is frozen by now, and all the light and the snow on the domes of the Cathedral make it look all the more white. Aleksanterinkatu is decorated with the traditional Christmaslights and the combination of it all makes the City so much more alight. Yes, it is beautiful. The atmosphere so easily gets solemn.
Got a parcel from home today, lots of christmas-like stuff like sweets and tons of chocolate and a beautiful violet, almost lilac blanket, bedlinen and stuff like that. On Friday we're going to have dinner here with mostly friends of Kristina, but Gabriela and Anne (and maybe Melanie, though I think her friends are here that weekend...) might also come over, and Sunday is already the 1. Advent. I've never paid attention to the advent weekends, nor thought about what "Advent" even means or what it's good for, but I seem to understand this year. - Light and warmth and cosy feelings in such a cold and dark season. The snow and freezing temperatures make it all so much clearer than the desolate, rainy grey mass I know November to be like. 

And despite all I'm a little depressed. Things went very wrong last night, and now ... well. I don't know. 
I'm going to light a few candles now, continue listening to Mads Langer's beautiful performance of Fact Fiction.... I hope the recording will be coming out soon, I really want to buy it. 


"Imagine a world without me - say you're falling apart
Let's pretend you've missed me for a while
Wouldn't you say you were lonely and love was breaking your heart?
Put on your Sunday best and fake a smile
I dream of dreaming dreams of her - in twilight she's a constant blur

The picture is clear and I'm still fact she's fiction
Remember the night you were with me - fell asleep by my side

Strangers together - your hand in mine
How come we never came closer when all the stars were alight?
I thought we had a moment
I dream of dreaming dreams of her - in twilight she's a constant blur

The picture is clear and I'm still fact she's fiction
I seem to miss the missing part, she's still my favorite work of art
The picture is clear and I'm still fact she's fiction
Nothing has changed cause I'm still fact - she's fiction

Or I may be imperfectly formed in this contradiction
I dream of dreaming dreams of her - in twilight she's a constant blur

The picture is clear cause I'm still fact she's fiction
I fell in love with her longing - let's just say that she never found out

Who it was she never found in me"
[m/l: Mads Langer]
Send "Fact Fiction" Ringtone to your Cel

No comments:

Post a Comment