♥ [or: a slight overuse of the word 'beautiful']

... and the name of my new musical love is:
Mads Langer
WOW!! I mean, I already was completely obsessed with Beauty of the Dark on TVD, and the fact that they choose another song right away made me smile, because, hey, they do know how to find some good music - but who would have thought that basically each and every song of his is just totally beautiful? It's really been quite a long while that I found an artist that's so vocally and lyrically talented - I'm really impressed. So right now I'm basically living on youtube, but I'm totally going to get the record next month [you know, so much month at the end of the money...] - especially since the record includes a DVD with a concert from Copenhagen.. actually I think it's the concert that's on youtube as well. ... which then is absolutely beautiful.
At the moment it's still so hard to choose, though, because I'm falling in love with a song and then I listen to the next one and fall in love with it just as much.
But right now I'm obsessing over Stille før Storm, which apparently is a cover that was recorded for some tribute record. Seriously, apart from the fact that I cannot grasp just how vocally talented that guy is - how can somebody actually make a language like Danish sound beautiful?! I'm so taken away ... 



Well, enough drooling.
Today was wonderful. First of all the sun was shining for the first time in ... I guess a bit more than a week again. -7 or even colder again, and the wind is really somehow deadly
Met for lunch with Melanie who's finally back from Lapland (and I'm totally going there on one of the ESN tours next year) and after that we took a little walk because I showed her the hotel her friends are going to stay in over the weekend and then we've been to levykauppa - or levykauppaa, actually, since we've been to two XD - and then after that finally went to Café Java again, where I had a HUGE chocolate muffin and of course a hot chocolate. Gosh, I love this place. It's so cozy and it's really the best spot to sit and watch the people walking / rushing past. I don't know, Mannerheimintie is like the heartbeat of the city anyway, and sitting up there at Café Java you'll just simply get the pulse of it all. I just love the view down the street, seeing Stockmann and Ylioppilastalot/-aukio etc... ah... ♥ Beautiful, beautiful Helsinki.

Kristina and I finished  planning our Advent-Dinner for tomorrow. We're the spontaneous kind I guess.  So I'll have to go buy some stuff tomorrow and then there'll be lots of preparing. I'm curious about her friends and generally about the whole night. I might get to speak Finnish, yesh. Anne&Gabriela are going to be here as well, too bad Melanie has her friends over. But we're already so many that it wouldn't really work out with three more. However, I might join them at Bäkkäri later in the night. I'm not sure if I really want to travel back to town for the night, returning at like 5 in the morning or so. I love the nights out but Puistola is a stupid place to live when having to get back to. I'll see. I guess I'll rather join them on Saturday. And then there'll be our two roadtrippin weekends. I sort of forgot that Kouvola is next week already. Eeeeeep ^______^' I mean I kept mentioning it, but I hadn't realised it's really next weekend already. Can't waiiit. It's going to be so much fun with the girls :D
Haha and I'm of course looking forward to see the same hackfressen as on any other show... ;D Shush. Anyway: it's going to rock. Period. We're also seeing Naked the night before, so yay.


I've been writing on this for hours now, kept being distracted by everything and anything, so... guess I should stop and think of sth more tomorrow or on the weekend or whenever. 

Of course, I have to add the song.




No comments:

Post a Comment