Time


Stuck on the INCEPTION-soundtrack again, I can't get over how absolutely brilliantly composed the pieces are. Well, the whole film is brilliant (extraordinary, ingenious, ... absolutely mindblowing) so I guess it's just fair to have a great composer for it. I can't wait for it to appear on DVD, and it's really been ages since I bought a film on DVD as soon as it came out... I guess the only films I ever bought right on their release were the three LotR Extended Editions.
Time really moves me. It always makes me think of the movies last, say, five minutes, when everyone is waking up and exchanges glances and then, on the airport, pretends to never have seen either of the others. "Welcome home, sir..." - Perfect.


So...
the initial plan was to do a lot of translation work today since the page turns 1 - technically 2 - on Tuesday and I want to post something all over next week "in celebration". I didn't really get very far with it. At first it was my turn to clean the flat so I did that (even tidied my room - sorta) and then I just sorted some old translations, which took quite a while,wrote two or three missing ones myself, but other than that, I wasn't being very productive.
I furthermore had something that felt like a near-death experience when all of a sudden my back, stomach AND abdomen started started hurting like hell - at once. For ten minutes I was so frantic with pain that I couldn't even think - and then it was over as quickly as it had started. Stupid.

After I'd calmed down I quickly walked over to the shop and got something to eat for lunch and when I was done with everything - cooking eating dishes - and wanted to go back to work (or start work, in the first place) Gabriela sent me a message inviting me to watch The Social Network and have a Glögi over at her place. Happy that I'd bought cookies I agreed, got ready and then took the half past 6 train into town. 
I finally got to wear my woolen dress as well, yay. I've been wanting to wear it for weeks, which is a very wise decision with a temperature around zero. I mixed it with my tightest jeans and it even worked with the legwarmers, ihan jees. I guess with the jeans it's also family-approved, so I have an outfit. lol.
 

Sooo on my way to Gabriela I met Anne at around HeavyCorner and we finished the last metres together, marvelling at the snow. Then we tried to watch The Social Network at Gabriela's but weren't really successful. Bad quality, even worse stream. Sucks, because the film is really good and well done. Yay for Malese, I still miss Anna ;) Well, she says two words. Still. 
In the loading breaks we talked - about facebook XD  and about fb friends you add but don't stay in contact with so that you delete them anyways, about stalking people you can't stand and about all those things in general. Well yah ... social networking. We people can be so stupid and yet it's so very addictive. I really need to see the whole movie. .. yeah, because it refused to stop loading or playing or do anything at all when there was like half an hour left to watch so that we eventually gave up. 
But well, we also had Glögi and piparikakut and my fake-oreo cookies AND fazerin joulusuklaa. Which, all in all, is very addictive, too. 
It was a nice evening, so different from what I would have done with Melanie & Judith and yet equally enjoyable. I'm sooo looking forward to our two party-weekends, it's gonna be so much fun! lol, like earlier that week at Bäkkäri. Terrible, terrible lakritsi. But I'm still not over that one hobby psychologist-guy xD He was nice. 



Anyway, it's past two already. I don't know how the days pass so quickly. I guess I need to read a few more pages before sleeping, I stopped last night right before two of the stories were linked to one another for the first time, so I need to catch up now.
Aleksi tomorrow then. I'm really gettin into that Christmas mood. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment